วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 14 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2553

experimental Super 8 art film by Cassandra Sechler

Through my interest in photography and film-making, I explore identity, dreams, and memory.This is a poetic short story told as an abstract narrative. This was my first attempt with super 8, and I encourage others to experiment with it too. I filmed this piece with a Super 8 camera and shot additional footage with my digital camera. I created an original soundtrack with the help of my partner, Craig Jacobson, AKA blackbody. I then combined my technical and conceptual skills to illustrate an alternate reality. The characters are old, neglected toys set against a background of my own charcoal drawings and a miniature forest that I constructed using branches, quilt batting, wooden blocks, and fake snow and bones. This piece explores the world of a bride doll who is lost in the time and place where a child once imagined her. Stuck for all eternity in an unfinished story that began long ago but was never finished, the bride doll will search for her horse and constantly meet her own demise in this dream world of deteriorating happiness. ⎯ Cassandra Sechler



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N0P5C84bAU&hl=en

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น